Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Malaria

While it is true that the Philippines still is not malaria-free, I can consider my family and those belonging to at least my parents and my generations living in Legazpi City to be lucky enough to be spared the tragedy which still extract a high toll in terms of death and lost of productivity in most of the Third world particularly in Africa. Having been partnered with someone whose professional life is devoted to fighting this disease, it still for me a big question why having eliminated the disease in mostly western countries, yet WHO and people working against malaria cannot find a way to help eliminate the disease in Africa. Today Allan sent me this url link of a BBC program discussing one promising development about the fight against malaria in Africa, at http://bbcworldnews.survival.tv/documentaries/malaria.php

No comments: