Thursday, October 30, 2008

42

When I woke up this morning October 29 my bedroom was still dark, forgetting that last night when I went to bed I rolled down all the blinds shut since last night's temperature dropped and for someone used to the more balmy climes of a tropical country like the Philippines a one degree drop in the level of a mercurial thermometer is easily felt. So while I was hoping that the day would turn up for the better in terms of the temperature it seem that I will be relegated to a birthday celebration away from my family, alone and feeling colder. Anyway to be 42 today and as the popular saying goes it is always good to look at the brighter side of life and count one's blessings. So I would like to enumerate 42 blessings today as I celebrate my 42nd birth anniversary:
1. I was born - this enough I think is one very good blessing to be thankful
2. A mother and
3. A father
4-8 2 brothers and 3 sisters
9. finished my university studies
10. got a poem published
11. John
12. Den
13. Yong
14. Francis
15. Victor
16. Cynthia
17. Marilette
18. Agnes
19. Cecil
20. some more friends who are wonderful people
21. Edo
22. a loving partner
23. my own house (though badly needing repair)
24. good health (up to now at least)
25. a laptop (a Toshiba)
26. a license to drive (though still temporary)
27. a blog (yes, at least I can always keep a record of my thoughts when I feel the need)
28. have seen the Mont Blanc
29. rode the famous bullet train of Japan
30. visited the Kyoto Imperial Palace garden
31. fed the wild deers of the Nara Imperial Palace garden
32. attended a Japanese tea ceremony
33. experienced an open-air onzen
34. seen the milky way and
35. the magellanic clouds
36. at the rural part of Victoria in Australia
37. held a hand of a dying person (death is a certainty, life is a mystery)
38. experienced snow
39. listen to my first opera
40. visited the UN headquarter in Geneva
41. got partnered
42. updated this blog

No comments: